Saturday, March 26, 2016

Egg less Cardamom Crescent Cookies

Over the Christmas my sitter brought this cookies along with other cookies. First we thought she brought it from outside but when I asked her she said that she made this with her grandma's recipe. She is from Eastern Europe and it's a traditional Christmas cookies in their region. So I searched and found lot of recipes for this, since it is egg less I was more interested to make this but I didn't has cookies cutter so I borrowed it from my friend and make this since she has bigger cutter my cookies came out big , I was thinking to dip them in chocolate and have it but as it is cookies are very sweet , I didn't wanted to make it more sweeter so trash that idea but in next batch will try with chocolate. Since my kids love it her cookies they like mine too and they helped me cutting shape too. Traditionally it has vanilla but I have added cardamom to give nice floral touch.

So from  my family to yours Happy Easter to you all.



Ingredients :

1 + 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar, plus more for dusting
1 tsp Cardamom powder
1/8 tsp Salt


Method : 

Combine the butter and powdered sugar and whisk until light and creamy.
Add the cardamom powder  and salt to it and mix well.
Add the flour and mix until well combine.
Knead it into a soft dough.

Wrap the prepared dough in a plastic wrap and put it in fridge  for about 40 - 60 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 F. 
Line the baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.

Remove the dough from the fridge
sprinkle  the kitchen  surface with flour and roll out the dough into 1/4 inch thickness.
If the dough is very stiff to be rolled, let it sit at room temperature for few minutes.
Cut the cookies with a cookie cutter and place them on the prepared baking tray. Re-roll the scraps and repeat.
Bake them in the preheated oven at 350 F  for about 10 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
Let them cool slightly.
When the cookies are still warm, sprinkle the powdered sugar on the top of the cookies or dip the warm cookies into the powdered sugar.
Let them cool completely and store in an airtight container.







Hearth and Soul Blog Hop: Last week - Zesty South Indian Kitchen








5 comments:

  1. Hi Linsy, how was the holi?
    Yumm, they look so crispy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love home made cookies dipped into a nice cup of masala chai. Love the crescent shape and I think half dipped i chocolate might make them extra tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple home made cookies taste better and look so cute too. we can use various cutters apt for the season..

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look so delish ...perfectly baked

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect cookie for Easter, Linsy! I love the cardamom flavour - it's so nice to learn about family recipes too! You have made a beautiful job of these lovely cookies. Thank you so much for sharing them with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates